Saturday, October 17, 2009

For my ol' pal..












From now,
coming home wouldn't be the same, without you waiting by the door;
my shoes wouldn't be the same, without you chewing on its sole;
breakfast at home wouldn't be the same, without you sleeping near our feet;
playing ball wouldn't be as much fun, without you running behind it;
the crumbled blanket wouldn't be the same, without you sprawled over it;
getting mail wouldn't be the same, without you chasing away the mailman;
pillow fights wouldn't be the same, without you fighting over it;
thunder showers wouldn't be the same, without
you hiding under the couch;
Life wouldn't be the same, without you in it..

You were the best, you were my pal.
You always listened, you never complained, you never judged.
You would stick by my side for all the mischiefs.
You would even do tricks as long as you got your chewy snack.
Will miss you my friend, will miss you Jimmy

2 comments:

Athira said...

Really good poem! Sorry about the loss.

Amal said...

I could feel the sentiments...
If only for a moment Jimmy could come back and read the blog...