Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Coffee Cup & The Little Devil

It came into my life during the summer of 2007
I treasured it as a valuable gem
It was my friend whenever I needed a break for a coffee
It was beautiful, with its lustrous silver exterior
I took good care of it, atleast thrice every week
It never complained when I didn't use it for few days
It didn't wince when I went outside for a cup of coffee..
It shined every time I rinsed it with vim & dried it..
I protected it inside my cabinet every time I went for vacation..
It didn't even leave my side for a single day
& waited for me to reach office everyday ... My Coffee Cup

And then the day came..
the day I would part with my friend
there was not a cloud in the sky to shed a tear
not knowing what lays ahead of me, i stroll to my friend's place
he is engrossed with work , so i fare goodbye..
on the way back, I take a path which I hadn't traveled much before...
I keep my coffee cup on the table & within a quick flash the Little Devil gets its hands around it
with an evil grin it holds my dear coffee cup & throws it into the darkness of a trash can
I stay motionless with shock, I reach inside the darkness of the trash can..
only to find my friend stained with a used chewing gum..
I say good bye to my friend who was there with me for more than year
good bye my dear coffee cup...

(the little devil still laughs..)

No comments: